The qualifier was postponed due to the snow storm in February. This is our last chance to advance to the State. We did really well at first and earned all the QP and ranked at the 4th. Then we had a connection problem with the FCS and our robot was halted for a full match. Luckily, we were selected by the 4th rank team and be able to continue for the afternoon games. Game match didn’t go well, we were eliminated due to a stronger team we were facing. At the end, we were so surprise that to receive the Rockwell Collins Innovate Award which lead us to earn a spot to the State Championship upcoming Saturday 2/28/2015!! We are so excited and working really hard now to try to get everything working. Let’s do it and have all the fun!
It’s been very challenging for all of us to drive with the snow storm condition. Cars were spinning on the highway. We all have arrived safely at the end, that’s matter. In the morning, as a rookie team, we were able to do one task only but did it well to get 10 QP and earned a 2nd place on the ranking. We were picked by the 1st ranking team to be their alliance and moved onto the final round. We were so close to earn the final winning alliance title but lost at the end due to our alliance robot was disconnected unfortunately. However, it was a fun and great experience for the team to attend our first tournament event and earn our first trophy!
Just in time for the basketball season and it sure will be the hottest stocking stuffer this coming holidays!
Please see the attached order form for details. Feel free to forward this to your teams and friends.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- Labview on 10/2 6:30-9:00 at AREA office
- Creo on 10/9 6:30-9:00 at Junior HS
OMG! We got our team name. That’s productive. Please go through some of the useful links from our website at http://ftc90.agawamrobotics.org
1. Fun homework – where your art talent comes to play, start sketching a logo design for the team and bring it with you to the next meeting.
2. This Thursday – We are meeting at 6:30-8:30 as usual. Please come after back-to-school night if you attend Agawam Jr. High. We will be fixing the center field and finish up the field building exercise. If we have time, we will start setting up the Twitter.
3. Google Drive – Steps to set up on your smartphone or you can go on computer https://drive.google.com as well. Please see your email for more details.
4. Big E parade at Agawam Day– sounds like you are interested based on our meeting discussion. We will meet and lineup behind state buildings no later than 4:30, parade step off at 5:00. Wear an orange top.
Coach Edwin & Wincy
We are approaching to the official FTC kick-off day which is tomorrow. There are a few things I would like you to do before our Agawam FTC join-team kick-off event at the Agawam Public Library on Tuesday (9/9/2014) at 6:30pm.
1. You may go to this link to watch the MA FTC kickoff live stream the game reveal starting at 11:45am on Saturday.
2. Here is the FTC game page and read the game manual part 1 and part 2. The part 2 will be revealed tomorrow.
3. Come up with a team name.
See you all at the library next Tuesday!
Coach Edwin & Wincy